Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off

    Is your garage door stuck open or having problems closing? Looking for a professional repair technician near you?

    Get in touch with our garage door repair team and help is on it’s way! When it comes to a garage door repair in Hamilton, Burlington and Brantford, Better leave it up to the professionals. For a FREE quote and estimate..

    Call Brigs Garage Doors ☎️ (289) 210-6267

    Or, fill out this form and we will contact you shortly



    Show us the damage: Send us some photos for a FREE cost estimate.

    Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off

    LANGLEY, B.C. —
    Langley City Fire and Rescue Services says an elderly man has been taken to hospital after an early morning fire in a mixed-use building.

    The flames broke out shortly after 2 Friday morning on 57A Avenue near 198 Street.

    The building is located in an industrial area of Langley.

    It has businesses on the bottom and several residential suites on the top.

    One resident told CTV News he was sleeping at the time and was only woken up by the sound of sirens and that smoke alarms did not go off.

    By the time he got up, he could smell the smoke and see larges plumes billowing out of the building.

    He said he only had a matter of seconds to get out.

    Six residents were evacuated and one elderly man was taken to hospital for an underlying health condition.

    Fire officials believe the fire started in the garage of Slapshot Signs.

    “It was a challenging fire because it’s in an industrial building with residential above and it’s well fortified,” said Deputy Chief Scott Kennedy, of Langley City Fire and Rescue Services.

    He says his crew worked quickly to stop the fire from spreading.

    “It was a little bit tough making entry, but they managed to get pretty good entry and knock down on the building fairly early.”

    Firefighters could be seen using a power saw to pry a garage door open and find the source of the fire.

    “The damage is fairly extensive in the area of origin and then heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the…

    Read more…

    We hope you enjoyed the above article titled Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off. For more great articles such as “Langley fire: Elderly man sent to hospital, resident says smoke alarms didn’t go off”, feel free to browse our blog for more great content. Brigs Garage Doors.

    Recommended Articles

    Toronto Rapper Wanted For Murder Is On The Run

    Police are asking the public for assistance in tracking down a Toronto rapper wanted for first-degree murder, who is believed to be on the run, according to the latest news release. The suspect is currently

    Save Money with a Garage Door Tune-up

    This last year has made money tight for a lot of homeowners. If you are one of these homeowners here in Houston, one of the last things you want is a big expensive repair. Yet

    City on Google’s candid camera

    Garfield Peart, owner of M&M Garage Door Services, was inside the garage of a home near Pearson International Airport about four months ago when he heard the voice of a child coming from the other

    Why would my garage door randomly open?

    Why would my garage door randomly open?

    A garage door that pops open unexpectedly is dangerous to your home. A garage door should protect the threshold of your home. If you have an unreliable garage door, you can’t expect your home to